Azienda Agricola Pruneti is located in San Polo, in the heart of Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy. The Pruneti family farms olives, Iris flowers (for the finest perfumeries in France), grapes for wine and saffron.
Gionni and Paolo Pruneti are now the fourth generation of Pruneti continuing this tradition in the family.
Their philosophy is simple, to preserve the heritage their family has built before them, while progressing with the latest and best resources available. Their aim is to create the highest quality of their products, while always respecting nature.
The family manages each phase of growing, harvesting, milling and bottling to ensure the highest levels of quality throughout. They have created several award winning product lines to meet the needs of the home cook as well as the most talented chef to create and enhancethe .
Pruneti creates many monocultivar extra virgin olive oils, their Grand Cru oil, as well as their various traditional blends.
Their oils speak of the Chianti region through their aromas and flavours.
They have over 80 hectares of land on the hillside around San Polo. Where they grow some of the most well-known olives of the area: Leccino, Moraiolo and Frantoio along with some Pendolino, Maurino, Coreggiolo, Leccio del Corno and Leccione.
Olives are harvested in a 60 day period each year at various stages of maturation and are milled within 4 hours. They are bottled as they are ordered to protect and extend their freshness.
A consistent winner of various competitions worldwide Pruneti is always a wise choice for your kitchen.
- Pruneti Frantoio is a 100% Monocultivar made from Frantoio olives which are typically grown in the region of Tuscany.
- This oil has a rich golden colour.
- The aroma is of green vegetables like artichokes, fresh cut grass and asparagus.
- The taste is robust and complex with herbal notes like sage, rosemary and black pepper. It has noticeable levels of bitterness and a strong pungent finish which represents the high levels in polyphenols which are natural anti-oxidants found in good olive oils...don't be afraid if an oil makes you cough after tasting a spoonful.
- 500 ml bottle
- Pruneti Toscano Organic is a blend of Leccino, Moraiolo and Frantoio varieties which are hand picked and pressed immediately after harvest in their own mil.
- The oil is a Medium/light fruity oil with a Green colour with hints of gold.
- The aroma is of fresh green olives and vegetables like lettuce, basil, and fennel.
- Taste is of fresh olive and fennel with a lingering spicy finish.
- The oil goes well with vegetable soups, legumes and grilled fish or chicken.
- 500 ml bottle